SMSF trustees can make changes to their SMSFs. However, they have to notify ATO in 28 days if they make the following changes:
- trustees, including resignation of an old trustee and appointment of a new trustee
- directors of the corporate trustee
- contact details (contact person, phone, email address)
- address (postal, registered or address for service of fund notices)
- fund status
- FIA (financial institution account) details
- ESA (electronic service address)
How to notify ATO of changes?
Please confirm with us about the changes you would like to make and we will update the new details in ABR.
Fees may apply for certain changes, such as changing trustee structure or adding or removing a member.